Saturday, July 24, 2010

Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Feat. Rihanna



[Chorus - Rihanna]
Just gonna stand there and watch me burn
Well that's alright because I like the way it hurts
Just gonna stand there and hear my cry
Well that's alright because I love the way you lie
Love the way you lie

[Verse 1 - Eminem]
I can't tell you what it really is
I can only tell you what it feels like
And right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe
I can't breathe but I still fight all I can fight
As long as the wrong feels right it's like I'm in flight

........................................................



They say the truth hurts
No wonder I'm having these bad days
Am I the only rapper alive committed to BE change?
I'm categorized as conscious - Just because I'm positive
When the truth is if you'd seen what I've seen
You'd think I've lost it by now
There's no "we"scapes in my world
Only knee scrapes and nights with pillows to curl
Nothing normal - Emotions to cope with
Billowing words - Feeling absurd
A bit of a nerd - hear what you've heard
Hero to curbs - Disregarded, discarded
Familiar with dirt - No stranger to streets chasing my dream
But I've seen where all that leads
I had a friend once - he said the stripes make us tough
He had it rough growing up and decided to rise above
He said his momma loved a bottle
and his daddy was a thug
so when he went home every night he watched "Punch Drunk Love"
I can't explain it... Something happens... you've had enough
and you stop caring if you'll ever be good enough

1 comment: